Christmas Time!!!

 Hey there! Welcome to my blog! So I haven't written anything in a while. Heh. School kinda got really hectic so sorry about that. I wish I had been able to post more but when you get that busy, you lose time to do pretty much anything besides work. :( But let's get onto the rest of this post!
  I love Christmas! There's the obvious present giving and receiving that I'm fairly certain everyone enjoys but there's also the church aspect. My family usually goes to the Christmas Eve service at my church which is always really really enjoyable at my church. My favorite part is where we light candles and sing Silent Night. Then we say one last prayer and blow the candles out before leaving. It doesn't sound like much but I will never get over seeing the lights in the darkened room. So beautiful.
  However, on Christmas Day all thoughts of church are usually abandoned. I'm not sure if it will be in this year or not since my mom has been thinking of trying to go on Christmas Day since it's on a Sunday this year but we'll probably choose not to go. Anyways, there's a rule that no one can open presents until everyone is awake and out of bed. This is so that we all can share in the gift giving. It always looks as if there are a ton of gifts and we're always super super super excited to open them all. The wrapping paper goes flying and boxes are ripped open with knives. Batteries are distributed and every single present is tried out. Clothes get thrown on bathroom floors and pictures get posted on social media. Then we laze around watching Christmas movies all day until we have an awesome Christmas dinner which is huge. Like we plan for Christmas dinner like we plan for Thanksgiving dinner huge. As this is one of the only times we eat at our table, I always go overboard. I know how to formally set a table very clearly and so I always set the table for the holidays. I make the centerpiece if I remember to make it in time. This typically leads to my sister attempting to mess everything up and me running around like a chicken with its head cut off  trying to keep everything in place for the FIVE MINUTES before the table has all the food on it.
  Anyways, if you'd like to, share in the comments what you do! If you don't celebrate Christmas, share how you celebrate whatever holiday you celebrate. If you don't celebrate anything at all, then I guess share what you do over Christmas break? :) Thanks for reading and have an awesome day!

Comments

Popular Posts