More Love Less Hate

   Hey guys. This isn't going to be a happy post if that's what you need right now. There are other posts on this blog and my others if that;s what you need. No, this is for the many families in Orlando, Florida who are mourning the loss of their loved ones and the many families who are waiting to find out if their loved ones will join the count.
   If any of you don't know what happened, there was a shooting at a popular gay nightclub called The Pulse in Orlando, Florida that occurred sometime around 2:00 AM this morning. This is thought by many to be a hate crime due to the popularity of the club and the fact that the man who did it seemed to be against gay relationships.
   This post though, isn't meant to be information for that however. There are plenty of other posts on this internet that cover that. This is meant to be a message.
    First, to anyone who has lost loved ones during this or might lose a loved one, I am truly sorry. I wont say I know what you're going through, because I don't, but I want you to know that you are in my prayers.
   To those of you out there, who need someone to talk to, please know that my comment section is always open for those of you who need to contact me. There is no need for anyone to know who you are. Just please talk to someone if you need to.
    To those of you who are part of the LGBT+ community who are scared, please remember that that's what that man was trying to accomplish by doing this. He was trying to scare people and it's okay to be scared by him. Just remember to not let him stop you from doing what you love. Please be safe and make sure you have a back up plan for situations like this if you intend to go to any Pride events. Please remember that you can be scared, but you shouldn't be silenced.
   This brings me to my next point. I will be open for any comments and anyone who needs to talk, but starting at 12:00 PM (for me, I don't know what it is for you), I will be going on a 24 hour silence in honor of those who have passed away and those who might pass away because of this tragedy. Again, you can still come to talk to me, but there will be no posts until June 14th.
    Please stay safe wherever you are, whoever you are, and remember that there are people who care about you. Although I am just a supporter of the LGBT+ community, I still know that there are people who want to hurt you and who will try to bring you down, that might use this against you. Stay strong and talk to someone.
    See you guys in 24 hours.

Comments

Popular Posts